Welcome to Austin Spine + Sport Telemedicine
What is telemedicine?
Telemedicine is almost exactly the same as a regular doctor’s visit -- but by video chat.
Top doctors at the Mayo Clinic rely on telemedicine to help their patients who can’t physically come in to see them. This is especially valuable right now during our current social distancing restrictions.
Of course, as your doctor, telemedicine doesn’t allow me to use certain manual therapies with you.
However, the huge majority of the therapies you (and most of our patients) need -- can be easily done yourself, in the safety of your own home. All you need are the right instructions!
Don’t think that’s possible? Just read a few of our online reviews, and look for how many of our patients talk about their ‘rehab homework’, and how much it helped them.
This ‘rehab homework’ is exactly what you get after each of our telemedicine video chats -- adding new ‘tools’ to your toolbox, so you can fix yourself, without me!
If you’re here on our website, you probably found us because of our reputation for getting patients well FAST. We are famous for teaching you how to get out of pain quickly, and most importantly -- how to keep it from coming back.
I always expect the same great results from my telemedicine patients as we get with our ‘face-to-face’ patients.
What is a telemedicine visit like? It’s easy!
Here’s what to do:
- Call us! Sandra can help you pick a time for your video session that works for you: (512) 386-1876
- What kinds of problems do you fix? We are a sports medicine & rehab clinic, and we provide pre- and post-surgical rehab, for spine and extremities. Low back, neck, knee, shoulder pain...we treat it all!
- Fill out & return your paperwork: Sandra will email it to you, and you can securely complete it, sign & return it -- no paper needed!
- First Visit, 1-hour, one-on-one session: $150
- Subsequent Visits, 30-minutes, one-on-one sessions: $85
- *Please pay before your appointment
- What you’ll need: Laptop (ideal), tablet or even mobile phone (well charged, or with a charging cord, so you don’t run out of battery). A fairly clear room in your home (I’ll need to see you perform certain movements, exercises, etc.). Comfortable clothing (we’ll be checking your mobility, but nothing strenuous!)
- What’s the visit like? I’ll have questions about your pain, to help me learn about your injury (the consult). Then I’ll see how well you perform certain movements (the exam). Then I’ll be able to tell you why you’re hurting (your diagnosis), what it’ll take to fix you (your treatment), and exactly how quickly I expect you to get better (your prognosis).
- Your ‘rehab homework’: I’ll explain each of your home therapies, and you’ll try them out during our visit, so you know how to do them. Then I’ll email your personalized list of exercises, stretches, etc. -- with video clips showing you how to do each one (in case you forget!). Each session you’ll get new, updated ‘homework’, as you improve.
- How many sessions? Our average in-person patient is released after 3 visits. Our average telemedicine patient is released after 4 visits (still very fast, compared to other PTs and chiropractors!)
If you’re in pain right now -- or maybe you’ve had pain for years -- do something about it today. My favorite patients are the ones no one else can fix!
Give us a call today! I’m looking forward to meeting you, and hoping to see you get back to the pain-free life you’ve been missing!